These delectable Butter Pecan Meltaways are the perfect little cookie any time of the year, or enjoy them as Christmas Cookie that would be ideal for cookie exchanges and cookie trays. Buttery cookies, loaded with chopped pecans, these are sure to please the whole family!
1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Pinch ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer, cream together butter and 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar until fluffy (about one minute).
- Add in vanilla and stir until combined.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, chopped pecans, ground allspice and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Use a cookie scoop or measuring spoon to measure 1 tablespoon of dough. Shape into 2" logs by rolling and shaping with fingers. Pinch the ends and turn in slightly to taper. I like to do this directly on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place crescents 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 15 minutes. The bottoms will be light brown.
- Cool on pan for two minutes, then carefully transfer to wire rack.
- Pour remaining powdered sugar into shallow dish and press cookies, one at a time into the powdered sugar to coat.
- Cool completely, then use a small sieve to dust with remaining powdered sugar from the bowl.
- To make ahead and store: Layer cooled cookies between sheets of waxed paper for up to 5 days or freeze in same manner for up to 4 weeks. Dust lightly with powdered sugar before serving if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Butter pecan meltaway cookies ,Christmas cookies