Today, I am sharing the best, chewy Chocolate Oreo Cookies. A simple recipe that makes a small batch of eight to ten cookies. Oreo lovers will be delighted when they spot these delightful cookies on a Christmas cookie tray during the holidays. They're also delicious any time of year!
Love Oreos? I've got you covered. These easy cookies are quick and easy to make with simple ingredients.
The cookie dough is made with rich cocoa powder and the Oreo crumbs are mixed into in the creamy frosting.
Chopped Oreos sprinkled on top of the frosting means that you'll have Oreo flavor in every single bite.
Why we love this recipe
- quick and easy to make with simple ingredients
- makes a small batch that can easily be doubled
- rich chocolate and Oreo flavors - dreamy!
The full list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is listed at the bottom of this page on a full printable recipe card.
Ingredients for the cookies
- all purpose flour - use the scoop-and-level method for measuring the flour.
- baking soda - although baking soda has a long shelf life, sometimes it's a good idea to freshen it up by purchasing a new one. And it's not an expensive ingredient!
- cocoa powder - I used regular cocoa powder or you could substitute dark cocoa powder.
- butter - use salted butter in this recipe. There is no additional salt added to the recipe.
- granulated sugar
- egg - use large eggs at room temperature.
- pure vanilla extract - in a pinch you could substitute artificial extract, but for best flavor, I recommend good quality pure vanilla extract.
- chocolate chips - you use semisweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and chocolate chunks as well for this recipe.
- Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting
- Mini Oreos - you can also substitute regular-sized Oreos.
Ingredients for the frosting
This recipe uses simple ingredients that are easy to find in local grocery stores.
How to Make Chocolate Oreo Cookies - Step By Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, do not grease the cookie sheet.
You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer for this recipe.
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Add flour, cocoa and baking soda and combine until a soft dough forms.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop 8-10 large scoops of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.
Crush about 8 mini oreo cookies and fold into the frosting.
Ice each cookie with the frosting either with a knife or a 1A tip and a decorator bag.
Top with more crushed cookies.
Store cooled, frosted cookies in an airtight container for up to four days for freshness.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze cookies in an airtight container in a single layer for up to 30 days.