Enjoy these Hershey Kiss Sugar Cookies alongside your favorite Peanut Butter Blossoms.
They're quick and easy with no chilling required for the dough. Enjoy them plain or with red and green sanding sugar or your favorite holiday sprinkles.
Great for cookie exchanges and holiday baking cookie platters.
This recipe is a riff on my funfetti sugar cookies and they turned out delicious for these Hershey Kiss Sugar Cookies.
I used the sugar cookie kisses but you can use any flavour. Even the peppermint kisses are delcious with the sugar cookie base.
You can easily double the recipe for a large batch. Sometimes, I leave out the sanding sugar on some of them and the cookie is delicious plain as well!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Quick and easy recipe with no need to chill the dough
- Delicious sugar cookie flavor with the sweet burst of Hershey kisses, kids love them
- Customize with your choice of Hershy Kisses, sanding sugar or sprinkles
- Easily double the recipe for batch baking to feed a crowd or gift giving
Ingredients for Hershey sugar cookie kisses
- Butter - use softened butter for this recipe. Take the butter out of the fridge 30 to 60 minutes before you start the recipe.
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar - I use light brown sugar in this recipe. Dark brown sugar may be substituted as well.
- Egg - large egg, room temperature. Take the egg out of the fridge 30 minutes before you start the recipe.
- Vanilla extract - use pure vanilla extract for the best taste in cookies.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Hershey Sugar Cookie Kisses - you can substitute any of your favorite flavors of Hershey kisses.
- Red & Green sanding sugar.
Step by step instructions for making Hershey's Kiss sugar cookies
You can find a full recipe card with a detailed ingredients list and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of this page.
I've added a few visual photos to help you with the recipe as you make it.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, you will simply need to use ungreased cookie sheets.
In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. This usually takes a full two minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
Next, add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing on low speed until well combined.
Use a cookie scoop to measure and shape 1 and ½-inch balls. Roll cookie dough balls in red or green sanding sugar (sprinkles) Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheets, two inches apart.
Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Cookies will still be soft with lightly browned edges and bottoms.
Let cookies sit on baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to cooling rack and immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the centre.
Variations for sugar cookie Hershey Kisses
This is the fun part with this cookie recipe as there are so many different Hershey kisses out now that you can try, to find the best variation for you.
You can use regular chocolate Hershey Kisses or Candy Cane Peppermint Kisses which are a fun holiday and christmas themed minty flavor way to go.
The pumpkin spice Hershey Kiss is a perfect to enjoy a Halloween or autumn sugar cookie version.
Other fun Hershey Kisses to try are Milklicious, birthday cake, cookies'n'cream, milk chocolate almond and white chocolate (hugs).
Our favorite non Hershey Kiss variation is Reese's mini cups but you could also use mini Almond Joys and Rolo or your favourite mini chocolate.
Try food colouring and your favourite themed sprinkles in place sanding sugar are also a fun way to customize this sugar cookie blossom.
Top tips for making the best sugar cookies with Hershey Kiss on top
- For best results use room temperature butter and eggs
- Pure vanilla extract offers the best flavor
- Do not pat or stamp down the flour as it is essential that you measure it properly by just levelling off the top with a knife
- You can substitute powdered sugar for the granulated sugar if you prefer as it will make the cookies more sugary sweet
- You must allow the cookie to cool for a couple of minutes before pressing in the Hershey Kiss into the centre as it may melt. I found this really was up in the air a bit and depended on the batch of Hershey Kiss you get as some bags melted easier than others I bought.
- So you do not waste your Hershey Kiss bag you can test one cookie to see if has cooled enough by pressing in one Hershey Kiss
How else can I to stop the Hershey's Kisses from melting too much?
You can also just put the Hershey Kisses bag in the freezer the night before you bake them to help them keep their shape and sit on the cookie!
Storage & freezing instructions for sugar cookies blossoms
Store cookies in an airtight container separating the layers with parchment paper for 3 - 5 days or in the fridge for 7 days.
Freeze using a freezer-safe container for 2 - 3 months using parchment paper to separate the layers.
You might also enjoy these cookie recipes
- Chocolate crinkle cookies with Andes Mint
- Coffee cookies
- Peppermint chocolate chip whipped shortbread
- Oreo Chocolate chip cookies
- Easy Snickerdoodle cookies without cream of tartar
- Jumbo sugar cookies
- Chocolate peppermint blossoms