Fresh raspberries and white chocolate chunks are the stars in this Raspberry and White Chocolate Loaf Cake. This easy quick bread recipe is perfect for tea time or coffee break and would be delightful for a Mother's Day brunch or a delicious treat to make for Mom.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of raspberries
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
3/4 cup white chocolate, melted
- Grease a standard loaf pan. Alternatively, line it with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Combine thoroughly.
- Stir in raspberries just until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat egg then add in melted butter and orange juice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined, then stir in white chocolate.
- Turn cake batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tested inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for five minutes, then turn out onto a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- For Glaze: Melt white chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Depending on the strength of your microwave, this should take less than one minute.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over loaf. Allow to set 30 minutes before serving.
Storage & Freezing Instructions:
Wrap cooled loaf in plastic wrap or store in airtight container at room temperature for a few days.
Yes you can freeze white chocolate raspberry loaf cake. Wrap the cooled loaf in plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil. Freeze for up to two months. Thaw completely at room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: raspberry and white chocolate loaf cake, white chocolate and raspberry loaf cake